You’re ready to take the first step and get started on your plans. Using the right designer is pivotal to maintaining cost and time control during construction. Poor drawings may get through council but lack the detail builders need to accurately cost and plan your project. This is why we prefer to work with you right from outset all the way through to the completion of your project.
With just over 7 years’ experience providing our clients with a design and build service which delivers excellent results, we believe we’re in a good position to say you should choose your main contractor before you choose a designer. The traditional kiwi method of getting three quotes on your consented plans creates more problems than it solves.
Five Benefits of Design and Build
- Everybody is on the same team – you, the principle, the designer and your Main Contractor are all in this together. Input from all is required throughout the whole project. You need your Main Contractor to give you price indications on your first concepts so you can make informed decisions about your design in relation to your budget. Your Main Contractor needs input from the designer during construction if changes are made.
- Better Communication – Communication is king in construction. It’s a continuous process of discussion and decision making. The more up-front knowledge you and your Main Contractor have of the goals and constraints for the project, the better time and cost control you’ll have during the build.
- Collaboration – Engaging Renovation Works in the Design-Build process means you can tap into an established network of reliable designers and engineering consultants who collaborate with the Main Contractor throughout the project. The relationships they have formed create ongoing professional obligations and minimises mistakes and unexpected costs.
- Transparency – Design-build cuts out the big ego’s common in the design industry, and takes away the sales pressure and creative pricing often used in a 3-quote situation. Design-Build is the most effective way for the client to remain in control over the project, with our team there to empower them.
- Involvement – Design-Build operates under the assumption that the client actually wants to be an active participant in their project. The traditional three quotes process fosters a disconnect between the designer, you and the builder, leaving you to make decisions on your own often with a lack of relevant information. We’ve found, keeping our clients involved and informed is inspiring and gives them a lasting sense of pride about their home and a sense of satisfaction that this truly was a result of their own effort.