30 Jun Licensed Carpenter / Building Practitioner
Work is ramping up for the team at Renovation Works with some exciting and creative renovation projects happening over the next few months. As some of these renos are fairly complex, we need skilled carpenters to assist in making our client’s dream homes a reality.
The perfect carpenters to work alongside us need to be able to:
- Read/study drawings and specifications
- Interpret and apply materials and dimensions in compliance with legislation and regulations relevant to the construction industry
- Install, build, renovate and repair structures and fixtures made of different materials
- Cut, shape and fit timber to form structures and fittings
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Lay-out floorings, roofings or drywalls ensuring that they are levelled and compatible
- Inspect and conduct repairs or maintenance where required and if applicable
- Construct concrete framework
- Undertake necessary repairs and other construction work.
Renovation Works has an outstanding reputation for completing projects to the highest quality in our industry. Because of this, we are after carpenters that have at least 3 years post qualifying work experience and hold a National Certificate in Carpentry (Level 4) and/or be a Licensed Building Practitioner. We run a tight ship, so you need to be able to work unsupervised and oversee apprentice workers at times.
You must have a valid visa in NZ, permanent residence in NZ, or be an NZ citizen.
This is a great opportunity for a person who is driven and willing to put in the extra mile to get projects done to the highest standard possible. You must be a team player and willing to fit in with Renovation Works’s team environment.